Job Title: Regional Coordinator
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today’s diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. FHI 360 – Uganda is seeking qualified candidates for her 5 year Uganda Community Connector project (UCC) funded by USAID.
The is a project designed to reduce poverty, food insecurity and under- nutrition through integrated nutrition and livelihood interventions at the community and household level. The two main goals of UCC are to improve nutritional status of women and children, and to improve the livelihoods of vulnerable populations in an equitable and sustainable manner. FHI360, together with her partners have selected 9 districts for implementation of Phase 1 activities of the Uganda Community Connector Project. The districts are Kabale, Kanungu, Kiruhura, Ibanda, Pader, Agago, Oyam, Dokolo and Nebbi.
Regional Coordinator ( 2 positions – Northern based in Gulu/Western Regions based in Mbarara )
1.Provide overall leadership and organisational representation in the regional office while ensuring Project impact and results are achieved consistent with contractual requirements of the UCC project
2. Promote linkages and collaboration with governmental institutions, e.g. NAADS, DDMC, SACCOs, and local government line departments, other projects and NGOs at regional level.
3. Initiate and lead processes for project implementation and ensure financial and programmatic viability and visibility of the project.
4. Provide technical backstopping to the regional staff in the areas of agriculture, Nutrition and livelihoods
5. Lead the documentation and communication of project experiences and achievements, and promote effective monitoring of project activities and a learning environment for FHI360 and partners.
6.Coordinate the development and implementation of the work plans of direct reports (Livelihoods Officer, M&E HEA Officer, Agriculture and Nutrition Officer and Finance and Administrative Assistant)
Qualifications and Competencies:
1.Suitable combination of experience and relevant training in the technical and programmatic requirement for the project (Agriculture, Livelihoods and Nutrition)
2. At least three years successful experience in project coordination, mobilisation and management .
3. A good understanding of rural communities, strategies for socio-economic empowerment and transformation of communities and extensive knowledge in livelihoods agriculture and nutrition projects.
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV/resume including salary requirements to: :
The Finance and Administration Manager, Plot 15 Kitante Close, P.O Box 5768 Kampala, UGANDA or by email to: email@example.com not later than April 4th, 2012 at 5:00pm. Please specify the Job location preference indicated alongside the position.