Job Title: EDIS SYSTEM ENGINEER
About this Job:
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC).
As a new company in Uganda, CNOOC Uganda limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local talent. Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused, committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
EDIS SYSTEM ENGINEER
Primary Function: Manage, create and maintain the Engineering Data Information System (EDIS) for the various Department needs.
• Analyze user requirements.
• Maintain the EDIS system through timely review in order to improve its efficiency.
• Manage the installation processes.
• Participate in standardization meetings.
• Coordinate acquisition of new hardware.
• Develop specifications, create tests and install interfaces.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Line Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field majoring in Computer programming and Systems management.
• At least 8 years experience working in the related field from middle to large scale organizations.
• Good knowledge in Computer programming, IT Basics and Computer Engineering.
• Excellent at system management.
• Hands-on individual with good maintenance skills in computer hardware and software.
• Understanding of E&P Operations in Uganda.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send ONLY a CV and Application Letter MERGED into ONE PDF document to the email address below:
Please DO NOT attach any oilier documents.
Quote the |OB TITLE being applied for in the Subject of your email e.g “Document Controller” and apply for only ONE post.
Only candidates that follow these instructions and meet the minimum requirements shall be contacted within a period of 2 weeks following the advert cut-off date.
DEADLINE IS MONDAY 4th JUNE 2012 at:5:00PM