Job Title: PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT TRAINEE - JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the position of PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT TRAINEE at the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda (NITA-U) under the Finance and Administration.
JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT TRAINEE
REPORTS TO: PROCUREMENT SUPPORT OFFICER
DIRECTORATE: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENT: PROCUREMENT AND DISPOSAL UNIT
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure that administrative tasks of the procurement and disposal unit are performed efficiently and effectively.
Key Results Area/Accountabilities
• Receive and distribute all correspondences to and from procurement and disposal unit;
• Register all the requisitions that are received in procurement and disposal unit;
• Update the procurement action register on a daily basis;
• Issue solicitation documents to potential bidders in accordance with PPDA Law;
• Receive and register bid submissions from bidders using relevant forms;
• Monitoring of pre-bid meeting dates, bid closing/opening dates, expiry dates of bid validity period, bid securities and performance securities;
• Filling of procurement and disposal records;
• Prepare documents for payment to providers;
• Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
• Bachelors’ degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, or its equivalent from a recognized University/Professional Institution
• Post graduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage.
• Computer skills (Preferably Microsoft office Applications);
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team;
• Excellent business acumen;
• Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership;
• Analytical and problem –solving skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• A person of integrity and honesty.
• At least one (1) year working experience gained while serving with a reputable public or private commercial or donor funded organization, at a similar level/position.
As a responsible and equal opportunity employer, NITA-U is committed to providing competitive employment terms, rich career development opportunities and a healthy working environment to deserving professionals with the right qualifications, skills, competencies and experiences. This position falls under N4 scale and benefits are prescribed in the NITA-U policy documents
Interested individuals who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited and encouraged to submit an application form (which can be downloaded from the NITA-U website), a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae specifying day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees and copies of certificates and testimonials to the address below,. The deadline for applications is 11th July 2012 at 5 pm
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038