Job Title: DISTRICT FIELD COORDINATORS
Location: One of 5 district pairs in North Central Uganda
Reporting to: Field Operations Manager (Gulu)
Based in one of five district pairs in Northern Uganda, the incumbent acts as the principal coordinator between the project support team and the District Officials to plan, implement and evaluate field spray operations within the districts. The incumbent will support the transfer of skills from the project to staff within two Districts to ensure that, over time, there is adequate local capacity to implement a spray operation with minimal external support.
Summary of main responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring close collaboration between project technical teams and Officials in two Districts for all activities related to spray operations;
• Responsible for coordinating activities of capacity building in all technical and managerial areas including environmental compliance, monitoring and evaluation, logistics and IEC/BCC;
• Work closely with relevant District Officials to ensure that IRS best practices are adhered to and that set targets are met during spray rounds.
• Bachelor’s Degree in project management or other relevant field (Master’s Degree preferred);
• At least 5 years’ professional work experience in implementing projects in the field, preferably with operations aimed at improving public health;
• Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills;
• Tactfulness and excellent communication skills;
• A “Can-Do” attitude and enthusiasm.
How to Apply
Submit your application to Procurement@UgandaIRS.com by Friday, 13 July, with the name of the position indicated in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Be sure to include: (a) an up-to-date CV; (b) a cover letter detailing why you feel you are particularly qualified for the position; and (c) three references. Applications from suitably qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged.