Job Title: Communication Officer
About this Job:
Position : Communication Officer
Reports to : Communication & Public Relations Manager
Duty station : Kampala
Purpose of the position: Provide communications support to World Vision Uganda internal and external stakeholders both internal and external to enhance marketing of World Vision Uganda projects as well as providing in-county publicity. Key Result Areas
• Increase awareness of WV Ministry (write news stories, feature articles and staff news, photographs, annual reports, brochures, calendars, press conferences, etc. on World Vision Uganda and its activities for dissemination in the local an international media.
• Market WVU as a Christian organization and routinely provide information about WVU activities to support offices, the partnership, Government, other Civil Society Organizations and the public at large through magazines, leaflets, websites, direct mail appeal and international media for sponsor recruitment.
• Promote WVU advocacy work by producing communication materials/
resources such as fact sheets and special reports that promote the welfare of disadvantaged children, families and communities.
• Provide technical communication support to other World Vision Uganda divisions, departments and projects in the production of
publications in line with WV Communication Policy.
• Perform public relations function such as issuing press releases, organizing media coverage, briefing media, correcting wrong perceptions by providing information on WVU and its ministry to local and foreign individuals and organizations seeking it.
• Handle media relations role to enhance the working relationship between WVU and media in coverage for strategic positioning of WVU
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
• A degree in Mass Communication/Journalism/Public Relations.
• Two years’ experience in a busy NGO preferably with a child sponsorship program.
• Knowledge of relevant computer/publishing programs.
• Energetic, smart and creative worker.
• Cultural sensitivity to represent World Vision Uganda in local and international contexts.
• Commitment to the Vision and Mission of World Vision.
How to apply:
How to apply: Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to wvujobs@wvi.Drg. Kindly indicate the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
For the attention of the People & Culture Manager
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
Deadline for receiving the applications is: Friday, 23rd March, 2012
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.