Job Title: National Program Officer
UNAIDS is the Joint United Nations Program on HIV and AIDS , that brings together the efforts and resources of UN Agencies .
• Identify multilateral grant opportunities and bilateral aid available at national/regional level to harmonize resources for civil society communities and other non-governmental institutions .
• Provide support to national strategic alliances /partinerships to ensure UNAIDS provides technical support to civil society and communities in tracking and monitoring of budgets and resources made available to different stakeholder groups in the governmental and non-governmental sectors and in the monitoring of government accountability for attainment of the Political Declaration targets and communities .
• Essential : First University degree in social sciences , health , or related field.
• At least 3 to 6 years experience in Civil society /community mobilization collaboration and partinerships development .
• Considerable experience in the country where the post is located in the field of HIV, fostering partinerships with a range of sectors , broad experience in working with and mobilizing a range of sectors , broad experience in working with and mobilizing a range of external partiners .
• Desirable : Experience in the UN system, regional and/or international experience in the field of HIV ; experience of living with HIV.
How to apply
Interested persons are requested to send detailed curriculum vitae, naming three referees and attach photocopies of relevant documents to the address below ;
The UNAIDS Country Coordinator , Joint Nations
Program on HIV/AIDS , P. O. Box 24578, Plot 60 Prince Charles Drive , Kololo , Kampala
Deadline: 24 /05 /2013