Job Title: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Uganda Martyrs University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Chief Finance Officer (CFO) in the University.
This is a senior full time position to be held on a five year contract term, renewable. The incumbent is a member of the management committee.
The applicant should posses:-
• A bachelors Degree in Commerce, Finance or Accountancy
• A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• CPA or ACCA and be a member of ICPAU
• Ten (10) years of working experience in finance or accounts
• At least five (5) of the 10 years experience must have been in a senior position in a reputable organization
• Excellent command of various computer packages
• Work experience in a University in the finance and/or accounting departments is an added advantage.
• The candidate should be mature with a clean record
• Have good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Able to lead, guide and supervise staff in his/her department
• Able to display professional confidence and competence
• Knowledgeable in computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets
• Be answerable to the Deputy Vice Chancellor Finance and Administration, subject to the overall authority of the Vice Chancellor
• Be responsible for the day to day financial and management accounting functions of the University
• Supervise the accounting, finance, procurement and stores staff of the University
• Be responsible for financial management of the University in coordination with the DVC FA
• Be responsible for liaising with and following up all dealings with banks and other financial institutions
• Be responsible for the budgeting process of the University
• Be responsible for managing and controlling the budget
• Be responsible for the preparation and production of the financial and management accounting reports of the University
• Be responsible for managing the debtors and creditors of the University and preparing appropriate reports for the DVC FA and management
• Be responsible for the external auditing of UMU’s financial statements in coordination with the DVC FA and the accountants
• Be responsible for presenting financial and management reports to management, Council and the respective Council Committees
• Be responsible for resource mobilization in collaboration with other university officers
• Liaise with any office of the University and outside the University so as to fulfill the requirements of the position
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the DVC FA or management in the service of the University.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit their applications to the Director, Human Resources, Uganda Martyrs University, P.O.Box 5498, Kampala.
Deliver them by hand to Uganda Martyrs University main campus at Nkozi, or to Rubaga Campus A or B.
Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dead line: 20th April 2012
Applications should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all supporting documents and contact details of three (3) referees in responsible positions.