Organisation: Malaria Consortium
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date: 4th Sept 2013
Malaria Consortium has had a programme in Uganda since 2003. Today it enjoys a robust portfolio of projects which encompasses operational research, innovative approaches to controlling malaria and implementation at scale. It works closely with the Ministry of Health, the National Malaria Control Programme and a variety of national and international partners. Its FY2013 budget was $8m, which is expected to double in the coming year. It has four offices in Uganda and employs over 70 staff.
In the process of restructuring our regional operations department, Malaria Consortium is seeking to recruit a national (Uganda Nationals) Regional Support Office with the job purpose of serving as programme assistant to the Africa Programmes Director (AfPD) and the Africa Technical Director (AfTD, support the Africa Regional team with admin support functions and also serve as the HR focal point for the Africa Regional Office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Two or more years in the administration field with an International NGO or similar organization.
- Computer proficiency in the use of MS Office in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrable passion for Malaria Consortium’s mission; a strategic manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven writing skills in English
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Good facilitation and coordination skills
- Excellent computer skills in Excel and knowledge and use of database tools
How to Apply:
Please send a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the Person Specification along with your updated CV (no more than 4 pages) to Human Resources at the address provided. Please quote the position and country in the subject line of your application
We appreciate your application however, only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful. Please continue, however, to periodically review our website for other suitable opportunities. Thank you for your interest in Malaria Consortium.
Deadline: 4th September, 2013