Job Title : UGANDA HEALTH PROJECT – CHIEF OF PARTY
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded project designed to improve the national HIV/AIDS and health response through strengthened health communication.
Closing On: Monday, 07 May 2012
Friday, 01 June 2012
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded project designed to improve the national HIV/AIDS and health response through strengthened health communication. The project will work to develop sustainable human and institutional capacity to undertake coordinated information, education, and communication/ behavior change communication (IEC/BCC) campaigns, with the goal of increasing service uptake and healthy behaviors in the areas of areas of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, family planning and reproductive health, sanitation and hygiene, and maternal, newborn and child health, including nutrition.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and who demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
Successful candid!tes will have worked in the following `2das:
• Experience implementing and managing largescald dield/health programs with complex, til%,sensitive components in developing countries
• Experience implementing large-scale IEC/BCC programs strongly preferred, including gender issues, youth outreach, and reduction of stigma and discrimination
• Familiarity with capacity building and IEC/BCC related to HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, reproductive health, and maternal, newborn and child health and experience working collaboratively across technical disciplines
• Special knowledge of working with key populations with special risk related to HIV/AIDS transmission, as well as familiarity with promoting structural/social and behavioral prevention approaches and increasing biomedical prevention uptake
• Experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant government ministries, as well as Civil Society leadership and technical staff at both national and district/local levels,
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, supervisory and team-building skills
• Advanced degree in health or related field
• Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience; prior USAID chief of party or deputy chief of party experience strongly preferred
• Experience in and knowledge of Uganda, its people, and its governing structure preferred; experience in Sub-Saharan Africa required
• Fluency in English required
• Familiarity with USAID and/or PEPFAR regulations and procedures preferred
• Ability to travel to program locations within Uganda
• Demonstrated experience working closely with and supporting governments, donors, civil society, and private sector entities
Interested applicants should submit an electronic cover letter and CV to ChemonicsUgandaBCC@gmail.com by June 1, 2012, with the position applied for specified in the subject line (for example: “chief of party”). No telephone inquiries please. Finalists will be contacted.