Job Title: Project/Contract Manager
About this Job:
Colas East Africa Limited, a subsidiary of the Colas Group has established a Branch in Uganda. The Colas Group is a world leader in the construction and maintenance of road, air, rail and maritime transport infrastructure, urban development projects and recreational facilities with operations in more than 45 countries and a network of over 800 profit centres.
In order to manage its operations in Uganda, Colas East Africa Limited is seeking to hire qualified, highly skilled, self-motivating individuals with high moral integrity to fill the following positions.
Colas offers an attractive and competitive salary. We are also an equal opportunity employer and ladies are particularly encouraged to apply.
Position: Project/Contract Manager
Number of Vacancies: 1 (one)
Reports to: General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify human and material resources to be mobilized to achieve the objectives set out in the contractual agreement signed with the client
• Ensure continuous monitoring of project progress against forecast documents.
• Manage the contractual arrangements with the client, ‘particularly in terms of billing services.
• Manage contracts for all providers and suppliers, subcontractors, internal and external to the company.
• Manage relationships with all regulatory bodies mandated by the client.
• Interface with all external stakeholders in the project, dealer networks and other jurisdictions.
• To provide general management, reporting, advice and assistance on all technical and financial issues, and periodically as needed.
• Ensure compliance with work related HSE company policy guidelines;standards and as may be required by the client.
• Any other related duties assigned by Senior Management
Key Qualifications and Work Experience:
• At least an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable institution. Certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs) shall have an added advantage.
• At least 1 2 years’ experience in the management of various major roads & infrastructure development projects
• Experience in managing infrastructure projects in the oil and gas sectors is an added advantage.
• Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary, multicultural team
• African experience in preferred
• Must have strong decision making abilities especially in crisis under pressure.
• Good communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in the use of various project management computer applications
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their applications together with an updated CV which must include at least 3 reference contacts (including at Ieast one professional reference and the most recent or current employer ) with their telephone contacts, day time telephone contact number and salary history. The deadline for submission of applications is 5:00PM on Monday 25th June 2012. Please indicate the position applied for.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications should be addressed to the address indicated here below and other hand delivered or electronically submitted by email.
Colas East Africa Limited, Attn: General Manager, Uganda
Plot 39A Lumumba Avenue, Mukwasi House.
2nd Floor, Lumumba Wing
Tel: +256 312 202 040,
PLEASE NOTE THAT ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE IN PDF FORMAT AND SHOULD NOT EXCEED 2MB.