Job Title: Executive Assistant/Driver
About this Job:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the country’s leading National Humanitarian Organization and member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Applications from suitable persons to be considered I appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
7. Position: Executive Assistant/Driver (1 Position)
Reporting to: Assistant Administrative Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Headquarters
Duration: Two Years
Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Provides routine administrative services within the office.
• Photocopies financial documents in an organized manner ready for dispatch.
• Carries out proper filing and safe custody of financial documents.
• Receives, verifies and administers all financial receipts.
• Pays out cash in accordance with URCS Financial Manual.
• Drives URCS vehicle assigned in a safe conscious manner to authorized destinations.
• Purchases office materials, collects Performa invoices and ensures timely . payments.
• Carries out daily vehicle inspection and ensures that they are tidy at all times.
• Reports malfunctioning of the vehicle and ensures regular maintenance.
• Fuels the vehicle, accurately fills in the log book for all movements and fuel dispensed and submits monthly mileage report to the Logistics directorate.
• Keeps the vehicle safe, including all vehicle tools and equipment.
Female candidates are highly recommended to apply.
Minimum qualifications and working experience:
Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management, Business Administration or its equivalent; Two years administrative support experience required; Holder of a Clean Drivers License: DM, DL, CH and B classes with at least 4 years driving experience with NGOs; no criminal record; computer literate and exposed to use of automated office equipment and systems; Should be a proficient Administrator able to handle multiple tasks with multicultural attitude. Approachable with excellent people management skills -team players and pleasant personality.
How to apply:
Applications with copies of Curriculum Vitae, names of three professional referees, copies of certified academic certifications, telephone contact should be submitted to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, P.O. Box 494, Rubaga Road Plot 551/555, Kampala, Uganda. Closing date for receipt of the applications is Friday 15th June 2012 at 5.00 pm. Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. If you do not hear fin us within two weeks from the closing date of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.