Job Title: MANAGER EXPENDITURE
Reports to: Head, Financial and Management Accounting
Job role: Develop, maintain, update and implement the Commission’s expenditure accounting system in line with the financial policies and regulations of the Commission.
Key Result Areas
a. Control cost effectiveness and provide advice on Value for Money of operations; Control of money transfers and of costs efficiency; Monitor trends of expenditure growth or decline;
b. Liaise with external auditors during statutory audit and prepare answers to audit queries on expenditure raised by the Audit;
c. Monitor the effectiveness of internal financial control systems and procedures relating to payments in accordance with the Laws and Financial regulations;
d. Responsible for the provision of cash flow forecasts to ensure the effective management of the Commission’s cash position in conjunction with its capital expenditure program and the day to day operating budget requirements;
e. Develop and maintain a system for handling all suppliers’ invoices, demand/ fee notes and cheque payment;
f. Liaise with Procurement Unit and ensure adequate documentation on all payments;
g. Initiate all cheque payments and settle all financial obligations of the Commission;
h. Reconcile all creditors’ accounts and negotiate with suppliers in financial matters and re-schedule payments to suppliers;
i. Maintain the Commission’s fixed asset register, making fixed asset additions when new assets are acquired and adjusting the register when disposals are made;
j. Monitor the stores function and review stock counts; and
k. Advise on financial policies (e.g. travel, expense, authorization) for the Commission and prepare Management papers for management meetings.
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or equivalent;
· Professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CA, CPA, etc); and
· Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is an added advantage.
Key Skills and Experience
· Minimum of five (5) years accounting experience in a large organization;
· Analytical skills and ability to pay attention to detail, identify and analyze critical financial issues; and
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit applications indicating their telephone and e-mail addresses accompanied with the following documents:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
2. Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV.
Applications should be submitted to the following address NOT LATER THAN 5.00 pm on 7th September 2012 to:
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Uganda Communications Commission,
2nd Floor, UCC House
Plot 42-44 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P. O. Box 7376,
Only short listed applicants will be notified. Any form of canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate.
UCC is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.