Job Title: Project Officer – WASH in Schools
About this Job:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International Relief and Development organization committed to the alleviation of root causes of poverty and injustice. CRS works in over 100 countries and in Uganda we are engaged in the areas of HIV and AIDS, Micro-finance. Agriculture, Water and Sanitation, Emergency Response and Preparedness since 1996. CRS is seeking to recruit highly qualified, motivated and competent professional who would like to work in a dynamic team environment and provide leadership and vision, we encourage you to apply for the following positions based in CRS Bukwo Office:
Project Officer – WASH in Schools (1)
The WASH in Schools Project Officer will ensure that consistent high quality, technically viable water, sanitation and hygiene services are provided under CRS’-supported IWRM project at schools.
The suitable candidate will preferably have qualifications including, but not limited to;
• University degree in any one of the following disciplines: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Water & Environmental Health Sciences or a related field.
• Experience in capacity building, training and institutional development.
• Practical experience in preparing and managing infrastructure development projects and familiarity with national standards. Minimum 3 years working for a non-governmental organization or a reputable international organization.
• Formal training in CHAST and practical experience facilitating CHAST.
• Experience developing hygiene promotion messages and materials.
• Minimum one year experience implementing a WASH in Schools program.
• Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrating diplomacy and tact
• Highly pro-active and self-disciplined
• Ability to live and work in a challenging environment with regular travel to field locations
• Competent in Windows, MS Office programs and internet
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong command of English, both spoken and written
How to apply:
E-mail applications: Send CV and cover letter clearly indicating the position applied for to:
Mauda.Natukunda@crs.orq: Human Resources Manager. Catholic Relief Services. Uganda, Plot 577, Old Nsambya Road.
P.O Box 30086. Kampala:
Deadline for applications: Friday
June 15.2012 at 5pm. Only Short listed candidates only will be contacted. Competitive salaries and benefits offered. CRS is an equal opportunity employer