Job Title : Long-term technical experts
Closing date: 01 Jun 2012
Chemonics seeks long-term technical experts for an anticipated USAID-funded project improving health response by strengthened health communication Uganda. The expected project will work to develop sustainable human and institutional capacity for information, education, and communication/ behavior change communication (IEC/BCC) across the technical areas of HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning and reproductive health, and maternal, newborn and child health. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
* Advanced degree in health or related field
* Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
* Experience implementing large-scale health-related IEC/BCC programs that address youth and gender issues, issues of vulnerable populations, and stigma/discrimination reduction
* Experience in Behavior Change Communications focused on HIV risk reduction and other health-seeking behaviors, including conductive formative research prior to and during program implementation
* Experience with health communication in both traditional and alternative media (e.g., print, radio, folk, mobile phone, social media, and other media venues)
* Experience with development, implementation, management and evaluation of IEC/BCC campaigns, messages and materials in HIV/AIDS, malaria, FP/RH, and MNCH
* Experience in sustainable capacity development among local partners and institutions for the design, implementation, management and evaluation of IEC/BCC campaigns and activities
* Experience in capacity building and IEC/BCC related to HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, reproductive health, and maternal, newborn and child health
* Experience coordinating and working collaboratively across technical disciplines to implement effective health communications
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, supervisory and team-building skills
* Experience in and knowledge of Uganda, its people, and its governing structure preferred; experience in Sub-Saharan Africa required
* Ability to travel to program locations within Uganda
* Demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity.
* Demonstrated experience working closely with and supporting governments, development partners, civil society, and private sector entities
* Fluency in English required
How to Apply
Application Instructions: Send electronic submissions to ChemonicsUgandaBCC@gmail.com by June 1, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form (http://bit.ly/t6VWug) and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com when applying for this position. Please include the name of the position and the region or country in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, or genetic information.