Job Title: Business Development Officer
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) the largest microfinance deposit taking institution in Uganda and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act 2003 is looking for a hardworking, committed, self-motivated team player, to fill the position of
Business Development Officer:
Responsibilities will include:-
1. Assist the Business Development/PR/Marketing Manager in procuring and generating marketing information for the purpose of developing appropriate marketing and business development strategies.
2. Implement the approved marketing plan and ensure the achievement of marketing/business targets.
3. Participate in the development of the Corporate Affairs Annual Development Budget.
4. Provide information on Pride’s range of products/services to potential customers.
5. Participate in planning and organizing key strategic Business and Marketing events with the purpose of creating and growing Pride’s Business.
6. Working with the Research Unit to evaluate product/services performance from a financial and business perspective
7. Participate in creating and developing strategic business partnerships with the aim. of strategically positioning Pride in the market, through the initiating of proposals that identify strategic partners that can promote Business growth.
8. Participate in the coordination of Pride’s relationship and activities with the Marketing Agencies that the institution might engage from time to time.
Identify and recommend suitable sites for positioning advertisements, which can improve the Institution’s visibility.
10. Assist in identifying activities where the Institution can participate and publicize its social responsibilities.
11. Participate in coordinating and managing all PR activities that the institution would and should participate in for purposes of Strategic Brand positioning.
12. Constantly monitor developments in the financial sector, which may impact on the Institution’s operations and performance. .
13. Monitor customer attitude and level of satisfactory with the guidance of the institutions’ service delivery set standards.
14. Perform any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
• Should possess a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Arts, Commerce, Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences and any other related field from a recognized institution.
• 1 year’s experience in marketing.
• 2 principal passes at A’ Level and Credits in O’ Level in Mathematics and English.
• Having worked for a Marketing agency will be an added advantage.
• The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, self driven and eager to learn. S/He must possess high organizational skills with good interpersonal, communication and marketing skills.
• Candidates should not be more than 28 years of age.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet our requirements, have the necessary skills, you desire to succeed and make a difference, then apply and send a detailed CV, copies of academic transcript and professional certificates, postal address, current salary, salary expectation, names of 3 referees and a daytime telephone contact to the address below so as to reach not later than MAY 18,2012.