Job Title: Communications Specialist
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world .
• Reporting to the Director of Emergency Security and Communication s ; the job holder is responsible for liaising with Save the Children staff , partiners and relevant external publics to originate and coordinate the production of informative and educative communication materials on issues about and of concern to Save the Children with the view of enhancing the profile of the organizations work.
• The specialist may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis .
• A minimum of Bachelors degree in Mass Communication , Social Sciences , Social Work and Social Administration ,Development Studies , Education, Post graduate training in a relevant discipline is an added advantage .
• At least five years progressive experience in communication and media relations in an international media and communication dynamics and the UN system.
• Accurate, punctual and quality driven , with strong ability to give attention to detail.
• Ability to document and transform experience from the field into lessons learnt.
How to apply
Application letters with detailed CV indicating 3 referees , two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to;
The Director of Human Resources & Administration
Save the Children
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P. O. Box 12018,
Deadline: 19 /04 /2013