Job Title: HEAD CORE (IN, MPBN, VAS)
About this Job:
Responsible to: NETWORK DIRECTOR
Operate, maintain and manage circuit and packet core network systems to ensure quality up time of network services 24/7/365 and +1 network experience
Key Result Areas:
1. Manage the planning, optimization and maintenance of the Core/I N/MPBN and VAS network elements and achieve the desired service levels and efficiencies.
2. Responsible for new services and products testing and integration in conjunction with the marketing R&D section, and products services partners.
3. Work with the Planning Manager, Networks Director, group and managed capacity partners for the short and long term planning of the 2G/3G core network, IN&VAS network elements.
4. Responsible for partners and team management, engagement and capacity development.
• University Degree/ Master’s Degree in Telecommunications and other related disciplines.
• 7-10years’ experience with Telecom Operator with a minimum of 3- 5 years in management role.
• Technically strong in 2G&3G CS and PS Core Systems /IN/MPBN and VAS networks.
• Good knowledge of TDM and IP protocols and interfaces.
• Good knowledge on troubleshooting of Core and VAS issues and compliant Management.
• Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously and in pace with business requirement.
• Able to operate in a performance driven organisation.
• Successful background with stakeholder/ partner management.
• Inter group communication and interpersonal skills.
• Business S. commercial acumen.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
How to apply:
• Attach copies of all academic documents.
• Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
• We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 3 weeks from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV’s with a day phone contact, address and an email address to: The Talent Acquisition & Talent Management Manager, airtel Mouse, Plot 40 Jinja Road, P.O. Box 6771, Kampala. Email: email@example.com Closing date: 9 May 2012.