Job Title:Graduate Apprentice
Reports To: New Business Development Team at Simba Group
About the Job
The role will provide a fast-paced and intense apprenticeship in all areas of business (management, marketing, training, finance, operations, e.t.c). You will be supporting a new business venture that is being incubated by the Simba Group. As this is a hands-on position, you will be expected to participate in all tasks ranging from the menial to helping the team in high level decisions.You will be initially working within a small team that has vast experience in business operation both within Uganda and internationally.
Expectations for the correct candidate are high as Simba Group believes the correct appointee will be a future leader in Ugandan business.
• Must be numerical: you must be quick thinking and have a strong head for numbers.
• Must be logical: you must engage critical and rational thinking in order to make informed decisions.
• Be enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed: you must have an eagerness to gain more. knowledge and attain more achievements. Moreover you must be posses an energetic go-getting personality that will fit well within the Simba Team.
• Be Flexible: Must be willing to undertake a number of tasks ranging from photocopying to liaising with Simba Management.
• Must be a graduate or a student awaiting graduation from a top level Ugandan institution only.
• Degree in Sciences, Politics, Business, Engineering or Computer Science.
• Must have a current cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 4.0 or above. For those awaiting final results, 3.95 and above is acceptable.
• Must have demonstrated leadership abilities whilst at university.
• Excellent secondary school record.
• None: Simba Group is looking to train a fresh graduate. All you need is ambition and talent.
Please note: This will be a completely meritocratic process and only the best candidate will be chosen.
How to apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Copies of your university and secondary school transcripts/ statement of results and a typed cover letter of no more than 200 words outlining why you are the ideal person for the job. Merge these documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.