Job Title: STERILISATION NURSES
About this Job:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa for the delivery of sustainable, high quality care and prevention of HIV/AIDS and related infectious diseases through training, research and advanced clinical services. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: prevention, care and treatment; training; research; laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach programmes. Since April 2011, IDI, with funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been offering safe adult Male medical Circumcision services in Kampala as part of a comprehensive HIV prevention package for men. This initiative, branded “AMAKA -Adult Male Medical Circumcision in Kampala” is being implemented in two facilities in Kampala. IDI has received additional funding to further scale up MMC services beyond Kampala. This MMC scale up will initially involve the districts of: Kyankwanzi, Hoima, Kiboga, Masindi, Kibaale, Kiryandongo Buliisa and Kalangala among many others effective 1st October 2012.
10 STERLISATION NURSES
• Will be required to oversee the sterilization of surgical instruments ‘and to provide quality nursing care to MMC clients
Ensure regular and consistent availability of sterilized surgical kits as required.
• Over see the sterilization of all surgical instruments
• Collect, clean, disinfect, pack and sterilize surgical instruments.
• Ensure that sterilization of surgical Instruments is done in accordance with agreed policies and standard operating procedures.
• Maintain records and inventory according to standard ethical requirements ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times
• Completion of relevant Nurses Training from a recognized education institution
• Minimum of two years work experience in a clinical and theatre setting
• Additional training in Sterilization procedures will be an added advantage
knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Ability to communicate with clients in local language
• Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS related issues
• Knowledge of good nursing procedures and practices
How to apply:
For all the positions indicated above, the initial contract duration will be one year from the start date, but renewable based on funding availability.
Qualified and interested persons who wish to apply may hand-deliver, email or post an application letter with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute P.O. Box 22418, Kampala. email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 4th June 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.