Job Title: Programme Officer
About this Job:
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations. The organisation is an equal opportunity employer currently seeking to recruit competent persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Programme Officer -1- Based in Lira|
The successful candidate will report to the Program Unit Manager (PUM) Lira. His/Her main responsibilities will be .to provide leadership and guidance to project design, implementation, monitoring and documentation of projects and adequately supporting building relationship/ sponsorship work within the program unit in line with Plan policies and guidelines. In addition the holder will take overall responsibility to provide leadership in managing the sponsorship funded projects and building relationship activities and also responsible for effective people management plus deputising the PUM.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or other related discipline
• At least 3 years working experience in a relevant field preferably in a management position with a Non Government Organization.
• Good understanding and appreciation of national and district development issues plus the local context
• Better conceptualisation and application of child programming approaches
• Excellent practical knowledge on rights based programming and human rights
• Experience in working through partnership with strong planning and organizational skills.
• Project management skills with excellent grasp of programming concepts.
• Good Administrative and communication skills.
• Facilitation, negotiation, motivation, team building and management skills
• Supportive, versatile, flexible, team player with ability to make quick decisions
• Able to prioritise work effectively for execution with limited resources
• Strong analytical and logical ability and able to promote innovation and learning
• Results focused
How to apply:
Suitably qualified candidates should submit letters of application, together with a CV. Contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history should be included and sent to the undersigned not later than Friday 25th May 2012.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 1S| June, 2012.
The People & Culture Manager,
As a child centered development organization, Plan strives to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate. The organization further has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign. Potential candidates will be required to provide information confirming whether or not they have ever been convicted of any child abuse crimes.