Job Title: BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING/INFORMATION ENABLED SERVICES (BPO/ITES) COORDINATOR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the positions of BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENABLED SERVICES (BPO/ITES) COORDINATOR at the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda (NITA-U) under the E-Government Directorate.
JOB TITLE: BPO/ITES COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
DIRECTORATE: E-GOVERNMENT SERVICES
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENABLED SERVICES (ITES)
DURATION: 3 years
Purpose of the Job:
To coordinate the development and promotion of Business Process outsourcing /Information Technology Enabled Services (BPO/ITES) in Uganda into a vibrant, globally competitive industry to create jobs and enhance income.
Key Results Area/Accountabilities
1. Coordinate the implementation of national BPO/ITES policies, strategies and frameworks including the Uganda BPO Strategy, BPO standards and Accreditation Guidelines, BPO Incentives Guideline and BPO Branding and Marketing Strategy;
2. Assist in setting up and operationalizing BPO/ITES industry in Uganda;
3. Develop cooperation with all relevant stakeholders and other interest groups including the youth in the development of BPO/ITES industry in Uganda;
4. Develop critical mass of trained personnel for BPO/ITES industry;
5. Support the development of the necessary infrastructures with regard to telecom, ICT/BPO business parks, real estate, power etc. to facilitate the BPO/ITES industry;
6. Successful implementation and periodically review of BPO/ITES projects with support from the Programme Management Office (PMO) at NITA-U;
7. Prepare annual work plan, performance plan and budget;
8. Perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
• A bachelor degree in Business or ICT related fields or their equivalent.
• Master degree in Business or ICT related fields or their equivalent will be an added advantage.
• Professional/ industry certification such as ITIL, CIM, MCSE, ACCA PMP, Prince II, etc. Will be an added advantage.
• Soft Skills management, leadership, communication, writing, presentation and listening skills.
• Valid driving license
• Experience in business development, business incubation and or business promotion
• At least four years of relevant working experience, two of which should have been at supervisory or managerial level.
• Must have project management experience
• Experience in BPO/ITES or contract centre in large enterprises will be an added advantage
As a responsible and equal opportunity employer, NITA-U is committed to providing competitive employment terms, rich career development opportunities and a healthy working environment to deserving professionals with the right qualifications, skills, competencies and experiences. This position falls under N4 scale and benefits are prescribed in the NITA-U policy documents.
Interested individuals who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited and encouraged to submit an application form which can be down loaded from the NITA-U website, enclose with a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae specifying day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, copies of certificates and testimonials to the address below. The deadline for applications is June 25th 2012. At 5pm
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Only successful candidates will be contacted and therefore applicants who will not have heard from us within 8 weeks of the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful. Furthermore, candidates are strongly advised that any form of solicitation, influence peddling and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in ones favour, will automatically lead to disqualification without any recourse.