Job Title: HIV Prevention Officer
Duties and Responsibilities ;
• Assess new NESH implementing Health facilities for readiness to initiate ART Prevention Activities
• Assess quality of community support activities relating to ART in and around potential NESH implementing Health facilities
• Assist NESH implementing Health facilities in developing their community program for ART during site activation process
• Identify training needs , plan trainings and facilitate training sessions on prevention activities .
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Degree in Counseling , Social Work or Community Development or related field with 5 years minimum working experience
• At least five years working in HIV/AIDS ART , HBC or hospice environment at community level .
• Must be proficient with and able to teach basic facts on HIV/AIDS .
• Trained in HCT and HIV care counseling as per the national curriculum.
Personal and professional skills
• Honest and a high degree of integrity ,Analytical skills with an eye for detail , Very good communication skills, a team builder and player.
• Demonstrated counseling skills and strong understanding of HIV/ AIDS related issues in the Uganda context .
• Familiarity with adult learning principles /techniques and demonstrated ability in design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults .
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities.
How to Apply
Board of Directors
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau
P. O. Box 4127 Kampala
Tel ;04127176, Fax ;041 341413
Deadline;17th September 2012