Job Title: Database Administrator (DBA) Team Resources
Our client Wipro is an IT Company and is seeking to recruit result driven and motivated individuals for the Vacancy above;
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitoring of Database activities and logs.
* Database Start-up and Shutdown including cluster databases.
* Users& Roles Management – roles, privileges, profiles, monitoring users (sessions)activities etc.
* Installation and configuration of Oracle databases including creation of ASM and RDBMS instances and de-installation tasks.
* Database Space Management including exposure to De-fragmentation.
* Database Performance Monitoring and usage of monitoring tools like OEM Grid Control.
* Backup Monitoring and verification.
* Understanding of HA /RAC architecture is an added advantage.
* Knowledge of Database Cloning / Refresh including Export / Import backups (expdp / impdp and exp / imp).
* Monitoring Database replication and daily check list & MIS Report preparation.
* Understanding the application and other dependency with respect to Database.
* Should be able to follow the SOPs and Training Guides / Manuals with respect to first level troubleshooting.
* Should be Pro active and quick learner.
* Capacity planning (Identify the usage pattern and suggest improvement in performance) and Change Management.
* Knowledge of SQL Plus, PL/SQL and UNIX Commands.
* Knowledge on Database Vendor management (Metalink/Microsoft support etc)
* Maintaining Environment details.
* Documentation skills for preparing technical SOPs for various database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server etc.) and MIS Reports.
* Exposure to ITIL & Service delivery process is an added advantage.
* 1-3 years of real-time production database management experience.
* Graduate with good communication skills (written& oral).
* Real time work experience on Oracledatabase administration on UNIX platform (Linux / HP-UX). Exposure to other RDBMS like MS SQL SERVER /Informix/ MySQL / Sybase is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.