Job Title: Accountant
Employer: IAA Healthcare and Resolution Health East Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
1. Treasury Management
• Responsible for day to day treasury cash management including preparation of a cash update for the Country Manager;
• Reconciliation of all cashbook to bank statements;
• Review all receipts and disbursements, ascertaining correct account distribution and ensuring all support documentation is accurate and in order;
2. Taxes and Staff Payroll
• Ensure accurate and timely processing and payment of commissions & payroll ;
• Ensure payment of statutory payments by due date;
• Ensure correct balances at all times on payroll, commission and risk premium related accounts on the general ledger;
3. Commissions Payroll
• Ensure deductions from commissions & payroll are made as per agreement;
4. Debtor Management
• Reconciliation of Debtors accounts with the objective resolving disputes and collecting outstanding debt;
5. Other Key Deliverables
• Establish and maintain proper relations with various stakeholders within and outside the company including banks, suppliers, debtors, MSPs;
• Ensure maintenance of effective internal controls to assure safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements;
• Ensure compliance with all financial and contract reporting requirements for licensing, Audit and regulatory agencies;
• Preparation of the various reports including: Management Reports, Cash projection, Aged Debtors Report, Aged Suppliers Report;
• In conjunction with the country manager prepare the annual company budget;
• Ensure that all assets are properly recorded in the asset register and insured;
• Preparation for the annual audit;
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time;
• Academic: 1st degree: commerce or business
• Professional qualifications: CPA (K) or equivalent.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to remain focused under pressure circumstances.
• High proficiency in the use of Excel and Word
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Experience in the use of accounting software.
• Experience in an audit firm an added advantage.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position in a medium to large commercial environment.
• If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand
Click here to register your application
How to Apply:
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of your application letter and updated CV listing three references, quoting the position in the email subject.
Only applications registered as per step 1 with a matching CV sent to us shall be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 7th Nov 2013
My Health, My Life, My Resolution